XSO 0.25% 2,980.2 s&p/asx small ordinaries

The Brains Trust-2022, page-1667

1. 8,639 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 435
    "in-hindsight" .........................lol!

Think you may have confused "in-hindsight" with insight.

As I said, it's very hard to pick a double top in real time by using the charts. Many, many stocks 'double top' or 'triple top' at resistance levels before breaking out to the next level........How do you tell in real time? Only with hindsight can you see.

Same with breaks. There are many false breaks (especially with social media these days) as well a true breaks. How do you tell in real time which to take?

Charting alone only goes so far.

FUNDALMENTAL (yes, good grief, don't mention that to a chartist) analysis tells you what charts cannot. Having an insight to the value of a company, it's markets, it's peers and so on can help you with better chart analysis to answer the above scenarios.

I remember, back when I first took NHC, it was the news of the outage of one of the loaders at Port Waratah that gave the breakout of NHC.............

but I still needed to know the coal demand situation, and with many, many talking about the growing energy demand, lack of investment in dirty coal, and future outlook........my analysis wasn't hard.

if you need to scrutinise a chart to the nth degree,then, maybe, it's suggesting you may need to develop some more fundalmental knowledge to back your chart analysis...........

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.