XSO 2.27% 3,032.2 s&p/asx small ordinaries

I can highly recommend the book...........The World for Sale, by...

1. 8,582 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 406
    I can highly recommend the book...........The World for Sale, by Javier Blas & Jack Farchy.

An interesting and thought provoking journey through the under-belly of Commodity traders. Fascinating coverage of Glencore (GLobal ENergy,Commodities and REsources) and their history from the collapse of Rich+ Co, an early commodity trader of past times.

In the book, Javier mention that it takes an economy to reach a level of US $4,000 GDP per capita to reach critical mass, for it to really take off, triggering the big growth in infrastructure, commodity demand and so on.

India is currently a little less than $2,000 of GDP per capita, having been set back a bit over the last 2 years, I guess, because of Covid, so we still have a way to go before the commodity super-cycle kicks into gear.

Or do we?

With approx 1,400,000,000 people, it may only take 100,000,000.....(roughly equal to the population of Japan)......to get the ball rolling. If 100,000,000 can get to an level of US $4000 GDP per capita, we may be underway in the next commodity supercycle,as the size of population is enormous.

It's going to be an interesting year...........

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.