XSO 0.26% 2,954.3 s&p/asx small ordinaries

I have been skimming over this thread today to get a feel for...

1. 11,114 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 622
    I have been skimming over this thread today to get a feel for what the BTers are seeing and n0ticed an interest here in silver explorers/developers/producers.

One such company I did not see mentioned is MMC which I hold from 27 cents and has had a really strong run (pure dumb luck on my part getting in after seeing some interesting comments about it on H/C.).  MMC has a high grade resource and plant in Chile.  The undeground mine was closed after an accident where miners died due to flooding from a lake.  Its best to read up on it if its of any interest.  I understand that about half of the deposit is not affected by the lake, and there are plans to commence an exploration program after recently undertaking a $10.5m CR at 45 cents/share.

My only other company with some silver resources is KCN, mostly via its deposit in Chile and they have been trying to sell that.  Their Chatree mine in Thailand produces some silver as a by-product of gold mining (currently still in ramp up phase with a recovering share price).

GLA.

(NB - goldies and some resource stocks often do well towards the end of a sharemarket boom, before contractionary economic conditions bring down share prices generally, and commodity prices.  I am not sure where we are in the current economic cycle.  Financial liquidity is pretty strong given the high level of govt deficit expenditure in the US and elsewhere and this could continue to buoy the sharemarkets until inflation and high interest rates bite deeper into consumption levels and business activity.

The following video has David Lin interview of a former US Fed official who believes the US has or will shortly enter a recession.

The next video has an interesting perspective on the importance of financial liqudity on markets and the economy by Michael Howell (a bit dated, but there are more recent videos on this subject, eg the second video).

A couple of other videos on the direction of markets that could be of interest involving a discussion with Lyn Alden and Luke Gromen

loki (holding goldies, one silver play, and lots of cash)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.