XSO 1.06% 3,087.6 s&p/asx small ordinaries

The Brains Trust - 2024, page-172

1. 4,241 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 915
    CHANGE
    My word of the year is change & here is a link to where you can hear one of Nate Hagens latest podcast in his fantastic The Great Simplification series:

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/leon-simons-aerosol-demasking-global-heating/id1604218333?i=1000641971565

I have learned over the years not ,many people "hit the link" so for info. here are some huge things I learned from this podcast:

1. The importance of aerosols in COOLING the planet

2. The definition of what an aerosol is

3. How aerosols may explain why global warming has not been as extreme to date as it is balanced by the cooling effect of aerosols. I stress the words "to date" as this guy predicts things are about to get very nasty as aerosol emissions are dropping.

HOW DID I NOT KNOW ALL THIS?
    WHY ISN'T THIS COMMON KNOWLEDGE?

On this eppisode he interviews Leon Simons; a climate researcher and science communicator at the Club of Rome Netherlands and is studying the effects of reduction in sulfur emissions on regional and global radiation changes and its impact on global heating. Most recently he was a co-author of the paper Global Warming in the Pipeline with renowned climate scientist James Hansen.
    And here are a few quotes from the interview that I think worth sharing:

"the biggest uncertainty in climate science isthe effect of small dust particles, both natural, like sea salt or desert dust, but alsoanthropogenic, so human-caused dust. These are called aerosols, and they change howmuch sunlight is reflected by the planet, by directly reflecting sunlight, but they alsointeract with water vapor in the atmosphere. This water vapor condenses to theseaerosols, and then clouds form."

"So what we call a forcing is greenhouse gasesare forcing, so the climate is pushed in a direction where it's warming, aerosols are anegative forcing and push the climate into a direction of cooling. So we've been ofcourse pushing the climate into a warming state while also pushing in the otherdirection. So that's the forcing agents."

"So we really have to prepare ourselves for a lot of very big changes to come to ourclimate and weather systems. We already started seeing this in 2023 with a lot ofcrazy weather storms that formed within 12 hours from a storm to hurricane fivehitting Acapulco in Mexico, stuff like this, these high sea surface temperaturesimpacting coral reefs, all these things happening."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.