XSO 0.45% 2,956.6 s&p/asx small ordinaries

The Brains Trust - 2024, page-1793

1. cha
    5,818 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 655
    wds had a nice spike down and now a gap up today. i hope you are right on oil Patterns. oil and gold go hand in hand and both responding here

just to finish off the trade on jbh from $36, it hit $76 today and left a gap so anyone who got on sub $40 well now may be the time to take profits

same with westpac last week. $20 to $29.90 on the spike. these trades do not come up that often with those capital gains on decent bluechips

wds has a decent divvies on offer at this level as well. i can buy it and afford to wait for next rerate as the divvie provides a return

now a new leg for evn and the goldies. EVN is sitting just below the $4 horizontal. when it gets through then opens up next level

most are already rerated for me. cmm just keeps going. by the time it becomes a "safe trade" for the next level it is already rerated
    try rebuying the same stake in a share after it has rerated. it does not happen. do the sums and see for yourself.
    you always tend to put the same conservative figure into each trade. it is counter-intuitive as someone i knew called it. the time to go in heavy is early in the run. if you wait until you think it is "safe" and invest heavy you really depend on being right
    cmm is a good example on what is on offer with some patience

there is also a lesson in sequencing for me here but blogs are poor tools to communicate it
    the problem with the goldies is their divvies do not compare with the bluechips. but they offer great capital growth from the lows. it gets harder as they rerate up and i will be glad when i deem this run over
    but each make their own call

my system says to hold what i have and see if gold and evn get through to next level
    my bluechips did their job and kept my capital growing.
    copper is the one shaping up with some volume
    I agree with Patterns about the dump before the pump.
    I call it the hammer down. you always get a reaction. it returns to prehammer level and if we are right that it was a dump before the pump then it will then get through to the next level

it is that hammer down that attracts my attention and then decide if take a position. if buying volume comes in then we are off

but that is it for me on this run

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.