XSO 0.45% 2,956.6 s&p/asx small ordinaries

The Brains Trust - 2024, page-1802

1. 3,845 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 489
    Is this washout over yet, looks close.
    PMs still looking most likely. Copper on the back burner for a little while but at some point it will be the sector to be in, as was nickel a few years ago.
    Energy...still holding plenty U shares but had to sell down my beloved BOE after the board sold a mountain of stock some months back ...as usual proved to be a good move to follow management's lead.
    WDS...combo of recent acquisitions and recession talk has served up a bargain....glance at a long term chart suggests this strongly resembles a pivot point. Could it halve from the $40...WDS $20! seems unlikely, but possible with more recession talk. Whatever, I bought some this week.
    Silver has been worked over in attempt to subdue the PMs, POG has been resilient but the shares weakened disproportionately, dragged down along with the general market.
    Gold:silver ratio at significant resistance level....an opportunity for silver to catch up.
    XGD churning around that breakout level of that huge inverse double HnS for several months now...has to give? For example, posted a chart of GMD long term some weeks back showing potential for breaching key medium term breakout level soon. Well, back-tested beautifully and today big volume through, plenty shorts to cover, on it's way to $3. Other goldies...patchy, some good...PNR, TCG...others still waiting on 'internals' as cha puts it, but looks like good buying now.
    Entering a period of seasonal gold strength, maybe provide some momentum, world pretty f***ed up at the moment, move away from USD continues, TLT turned up, after all these years will the Yen continue its upward journey? Yen carry trade unwinding has rattled the markets, probably more to come, expect volatility.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.