XSO 0.28% 2,992.8 s&p/asx small ordinaries

The Brains Trust - 2024, page-2203

1. 2,620 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1905
    US$Gold versus A$Gold Monthly Charts ... Since their 2008 Lows(that's as far back as Investing.com chart go on the A$Gold).

Using a Modified Schiff Pitchfork chart on both, commencing from the same low BUT using different P2 and P3 pts to determine trend rhythm, note the US$ strength play to highlight the obvious difference in its current position vs where the A$ value. The US$Gold currently at its outer tyne resistance whereas the A$Gold only at its median tyne (pivotal) level. Normally, from a Charting perspective, both tynes are considered charting resistance levels when the SP is moving NNE. However, when currency consideration/movement is a prime ingredient in their calculations then you wonder what can happen from here(and basically, always)? Breakthrough on the topside or rejection from here?

To be honest I have no idea what will happen BUT will say that the tyne lines(primary and intermediate) on both charts seem to have been a 'clean' indicator for most swing points, whether for resistance or support, so I guess that's why I am posting these charts. I'll leave it with you to ponder...

US$Gold Month(since 2008L) ...

US$Gold_MSAP_MthlyCU_160924.png

A$Gold Monthly (since the 2008L) ... Note here on this chart also that this month's strong move was from the 361.8% Fib extension level of its initial 2008/09 range ... Once we broke thru the 161.8Fib it gave us the perfect next swing pt at the 261.8Fib. Next objective ~ A$4200, the 4.236Fib extn?

A$Gold_MSAP_Mthly_160924.png

US$Gold Mthly(since the 1999L) ... I include this as the Schiff Pitchfork Chart is almost identical as the one from the 2008L . So, in "rhythm"...

US$Gold_MSAP_Mthly_160924.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.