XSO 0.32% 3,080.4 s&p/asx small ordinaries

That is a total surprise to me PB. I, of course have no idea &...

1. 4,188 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 901
    That is a total surprise to me PB. I, of course have no idea & Dr Google did not help.
    Here is Chat GPT thoughts on the matter (not much insight there either IMO. But thought I would share.)

ME: why are total gold etf holdings decreasing

ChatGPT
    ChatGPT

There could be several reasons why total gold ETF (Exchange-Traded Fund) holdings are decreasing:

1. Investor Sentiment: If investors are becoming more optimistic about other investment opportunities or are less concerned about economic uncertainty, they may be selling off their gold ETF holdings in favor of other assets.

2. Interest Rates: Gold typically competes with interest-bearing assets like bonds. If interest rates rise, it could reduce the attractiveness of holding gold, leading investors to sell off their gold ETF holdings.

3. Strength of the U.S. Dollar: Gold is priced in U.S. dollars, so if the dollar strengthens, the price of gold may fall, leading investors to sell their gold ETF holdings.

4. Economic Outlook: If the economic outlook improves, investors may feel less need to hold onto safe-haven assets like gold, leading to a decrease in gold ETF holdings.

5. Profit-taking: Investors may be selling their gold ETF holdings to realize profits after a period of price appreciation.

6. Geopolitical Factors: Changes in geopolitical tensions or trade policies can impact the demand for gold as a safe-haven asset. If tensions ease, investors may sell off their gold ETF holdings.

These factors, among others, can influence the movement of total gold ETF holdings in the market.

Last edited by gj0201: 30/04/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.