XSO 0.17% 3,132.4 s&p/asx small ordinaries

The Brains Trust, page-1706

1. 16,819 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 356
    Just watching Buffet on CNBC.

Now I know he has a bit of a political agenda these days but he talks so much incisive common sense anyone who has aspirations of making money out of stocks should take a lot of notice of what he says. You don't get to be the most successful investor of all time unless you're better at it than everyone else

Just out of the blue ,talking about people should do ,he said no one should buy a stock unless they have a good idea of where that company will be in 5 years time.

Now I know i get pilloried from time to time on the quick and the dead thread for these sorts of ideas where most of them don't know what the stock they buy does,but I know where I am after following these sorts of self deduced principles for a long time and I know where they'll be by chasing every hot idea or chart that pops up.

We all like to make quick money and get out with it ,but you'll never get wealthy that way . That's been proven time and time again . There's no easy way with making big money from stocks unless you're prepared for the long haul . Otherwise the market is your master and not your friend.

These basic principles are out of fashion these days ,but from what I see have never been more applicable

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.