XSO 0.97% 3,032.6 s&p/asx small ordinaries

The Brains Trust, page-1708

1. 8,613 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 424
    "Now I know i get pilloried from time to time on the quick and the dead thread for these sorts of ideas where most of them don't know what the stock they buy does,but I know where I am after following these sorts of self deduced principles for a long time and I know where they'll be by chasing every hot idea or chart that pops up.

We all like to make quick money and get out with it ,but you'll never get wealthy that way . That's been proven time and time again . There's no easy way with making big money"

pisces.........always enjoy our posts and thought I would give a different perspective on the 'quick and the dead thread' as you call it.

I think you need to take a historical view on that thread along with some, unpalatable as it may be, truths regarding it.As you say there is no easy way with making money, and like investing in long term growth stocks requires skill and knowledge,so does trading for a living also require a great deal of skill and knowledge.I am pretty sure that any good trader would recognise, that to do so, takes at a minimum 3-5 years of constant practise,of hitting your head against a brick wall,getting up again,and again,and again,many times over until either your account gets wiped out,or,if your account is well capitalised, you survive the drawdowns and finally get good at it.That is probably why there is a high attrition rate to become a successful trader and why, it is reported, only about 5-10% of traders go on to make a successful career of it.

And I think that other thread you speak of shows this.

Most there seem to follow each other as a source of knowledge, a sense of camaraderie(of sorts),and for trading ideas.For myself it is a extension of my learning experience that is not available from other sources and I guess in time I will also 'move on'.And I think that's what you may be missing.Many of what I perceive, as the successful traders, use that thread and then move on and leave. What you then see is a high percentage of hopefuls,dreamers,learners,wannabees and, dare I say it, failures as the bulk of the posters. All, for the most part, good folk who are prepared to give it a go.The good ones that you are not acknowledging have used the thread and 'moved on'.Posters such as Brisvegas,robbbbbb,kevi,barnsty,gizard to name a few,that I have perceived as good traders, that have spent years on the thread and at the same time learnt their craft, no longer post, and as a result leave a high proportion of others to take up the posting duties.And thats what you observe on a daily basis.And most probably in that same percentage mix that I quoted earlier as to the few that do make it as successful traders.

By the way,many of those that I have mentioned including the well known Voltaire still do post......but just not here!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.