XSO 0.18% 3,038.0 s&p/asx small ordinaries

The Brains Trust, page-1710

1. 260 Posts.
    Hi all,

I'm getting excited by grains. Been waiting for a while now for a bottom and with Goldmans downgrade and the then subsequent positive action last night in the JJG index perhaps it is in? Still not sure the best way to play it as some stock I have looked at havent had fantastic charts and don't seem to be as closely correlated with the price of grains as I would have liked (i.e. internal problems etc?)

I did look at QAG a betashares ETF. I'm not a huge fan of ETFs as the potential gains are fairly subdued however grains have been hammered so hard that this actually may offer a good return over a relatively short period of time if we were to see a rebound in these soft commods.

I am liking the action of BRU again. But I am sick of losing money of late and would prefer to wait for a confirmed uptrend and then try and catch some of the momentum. One has to be honest with oneself and this one hasn't been as good at picking bottoms lately as one would hope.

Gold is looking interesting. I'm not picking it to go either way here but NST is looking very attractive again. small positie divergence on the RSI and beginning to base a little here. Will be watching gold closely and if the action in GDXJ etc starts to heat up I will be into NST as it runs quickly.

Biotechs - ADO is looking interesting again. Has held onto the recent gains I might buy as it moves closer to its moving average, this can also run quickly.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.