XSO 1.86% 2,966.3 s&p/asx small ordinaries

The Brains Trust, page-12196

1. 18,143 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7988
    @3500 - You have certainly shaken us all up a bit since you have returned.

I saw LIC mentioned elsewhere this morning and it rang a loud bell as I remembered it from a previous time and what a performance it has been. Are you still in it because it looks to have formed a bit of a flat topped pattern way up here in line with the previous high. But this got me wondering how you deal with stocks that don't deliver as expected. MVF comes to mind - I could not look at that chart objectivley when we discussed it a couple of years ago because I was so critical of them charging such enormous sums for people that wanted something very special - a baby. Now that I am days from receiving my second grand child through IVF, my attitude hasn't changed but goodness me the price of MVF has. So....what I am wondering is - at what stage would you throw your arms up in horrror and sell it. Do you watch for a break but then how do you tell if it is just one of the many corrections stocks like LIC have in their long run higher?

And for those people that aren't familiar with 3500's method of investing - just have a look at LIC.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.