XSO 1.85% 2,925.7 s&p/asx small ordinaries

The research on this one @Bundy is hypothesised on the effect of...

1. 508 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 175
    The research on this one @Bundy is hypothesised on the effect of stress hormone on the brain and the association with cognitive impairment in early Alzheimer’s disease. As an aside, I wonder whether background studies have been done to determine if Alzheimer’s is more prevalent in Western cultures than with Eastern and their more traditional methods of dealing with stress through meditation, mindfulness etc etc?
    Anyway, the recruitment for the Phase Two clinical double-blind trials was commenced two years ago so is nearing completion with results expected late 2019. The cohort is pretty small, but that seems to be a common trait with these smaller biotechs, and was confined to groups of patients in the USA, UK and Australia. Probably illustrating that the market for this drug will not be huge? Also, having had some personal experience with friends suffering with Alzheimer’s, it seems to me that the progress for this disease differs enormously. In some patients deterioration is fairly slow, while in others it is terrifyingly swift, which leads me to ask the question whether the trials are long enough? But, on the other hand, the experts will have considered this factor.
    One paper published last year indicated that the use of Actinogen's Xanamem drug (enzyme that inhibits cortisol production) was safe, well-tolerated (no nasty side effects) and was a suitable candidate to test the above hypothesis.
    One for the watchlist.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.