XSO 1.00% 2,973.2 s&p/asx small ordinaries

Hi GJ, Re: your question on trade mgt, it starts for me with the...

1. 4,596 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 177
    Hi GJ,

Re: your question on trade mgt, it starts for me with the entry. I need at least 3 layers of support (ideally more) between entry and stop. These can be horizontal, previously respected MA's, or trend lines if they are strong (lot of hits). One of the 3 must be a horizontal layer, ideally a major level on weekly, if not I'd need something exceptional about the chart to get me in.

From there I manually trail stops after the daily close, I don't use a % or anything. As a general rule I want to keep at least 2 layers of support between price and my stop where possible. I deleted a lot of the old lines i had on that chart before i posted to clean it up, but in terms of that June low you are referring to, i still had 3 with the 50dma, 167 and 170 horizontals, so i stayed in the trade. If i'm down to one layer i'll often scale down, but the stop itself is not negotiable.

Above only applies to my trend following account, I very rarely use stops on micro/specs, just manage risk via position sizing.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.