XSO 0.86% 3,001.9 s&p/asx small ordinaries

The Brains Trust, page-170

1. 1,860 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    Although I don't normally talk stocks and tips to family, my father told me that he likes gold and is thinking of shifting some super money into Newcrest (NCM). He's pretty uneducated on the market. I am positive on gold for 2017, the big stocks will be first to move if gold goes for a run and the charts look like turning around on the few I've looked at. Haven't been a great fan of NCM in the past although I have traded it before, but as the dominant stock the fundies will buy it for it's liquidity anyway if gold turns up.

I support his gold call, but my suggested strategy is to buy 50% now, 50% later in January and split the funds between three goldies, not just Newcrest. I suggested for quality Regis RRL , Northern Star NST plus NCM.

I'm under-researched on the FA of these though. Anyone want to comment on any issues with my recommend big stocks that I should know about.

Note I'm heavy into gold but its all in specs and not suitable for his super fund. He's with one of the big industry funds that I assume allow direct investments in Top200 stocks only. Appreciate any thoughts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.