XSO 0.53% 3,071.1 s&p/asx small ordinaries

The Brains Trust, page-1817

1. 1,867 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 51
    Ty, you'll get a dozen different opinions on property to the extent that its probably a bore to discuss on here, but on any fair assessment value is poor and the interest rate cycle is turning up, so risk has to be the highest its been in the past few decades in the housing market. Go have a look at those RBA charts Jako put up a day or two ago. See Page 6 the massive household debt in Australia shown along with some other charts and have a think about what happens when Janet Yellen raises rates 3 or 4 times, which pushes on rates here.

I'm Sydney based and I think it's reckless leveraging up to get into property now. Why would you want to do that. As for trying to arbitrage between Qld/Vic and Sydney I don't think that's going to work well. Qld economy has struggled for years, huge over-building of apartments there. I follow the Gold Coast market a bit and it has seen some improvement but the flow from Sydney to up there typical of past cycles should have occurred by now and it hasn't really happened this cycle. Be very careful doing what you propose. Go make some money in the sharemarket and buy your property after the property correction in my view.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.