XSO 0.09% 3,140.7 s&p/asx small ordinaries

The Brains Trust, page-3827

1. 19,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3682
    One other point about EV's is interesting,
    The strength of the Tesla fan club is incredible, they are taking orders well into the future.
    But it is only the Tesla brand they want......
    The acceptance of other manufacturers is much more limited, for instance, BMW has reduced it's electric team substantially, and is planning further into the future. As the i3 has pretty much been a sales failure, except in countries or states where there are cash, and/or tax incentives to buy an electric vehicle, even though the car has won various motoring prizes, including in Australia, Wheels Car of the Year a couple of years back (personally I thought it should have been eliminated in the first round on range issues alone...it could only travel about 100km on a charge, or up to 150km with very careful city speed driving).

So all other manufacturers, apart from Tesla, are finding it quite tough to sell electric vehicles (hybrid not so much), and it is mostly just Governments and manufacturers who want them, and are ready to go. But the public is nowhere near as interested in making this transition (this sort of transition problem is common throughout history........just take the story of white and red Phosphorus to make matches as an example).

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.