XSO 0.97% 3,032.6 s&p/asx small ordinaries

The Brains Trust, page-3849

1. 12,266 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 387
    Goodness - Quite a difficult situation-maybe you can distract her into actually learning to trade?

Sounds like the only way to learn is the hard way- but just a thought - looking into the company she is dealing with and doing a background research into their financial structure, history - any shady associations etc may serve to scare or give the reality check needed -
    Indeed there are so many enticing things on social media recently my daughter asked me to look at some snippet that in fact targeted the type of desperate woman to invest- I think I just had a conversation with her that if she would just trust anyone to take her money and give a lot back for nothing --- however this sounds like there is a product involved - so road test the product is also a good way of giving reality- IE if she had a lot of money would she buy it herself?
    Maybe not much help- but I really feel for you - and admire your understanding of the psychology involved - and with your insight into just that - just try to expose the potential fraud involved - of course it is a scam- but redirecting the intelligence that your sister clearly has into looking at the downside risks first - like what does she get stuck with to sell- can she invest in a smaller way first to gauge if it will succeed- challenge her intellect in the way of saying why not prove the deal in a smaller way first before you go all in-?
    Not sure if anyone can help - but another possibility is you can buy a granny flat to put in 'someones' backyard for about 30k - and then sell the freedom of being able to work do deals without the burden of making rent payments till it works.... may I ask how old your sister is?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.