XSO 0.97% 3,032.6 s&p/asx small ordinaries

The Brains Trust, page-3851

1. 509 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    @GJ Great concept and a cracking topic to kick off.

I've always loved the idea that the individuals selling supplies made more than those prospecting for gold. To that effect from an investment POV instead of looking at manufacturers directly I'm more interested in the support services, particularly charging stations. However I am not sure if they will ever be economically viable on a large scale for a few reasons.

First, unlike petrol stations, an EV owner can install a charging station in their own home (such as one of my tenants did recently for his model S, which is a beautiful car by the way)
    Secondly, charging times are still too great to justify "filling" up at a station unless you had something to pass the time, i.e anywhere from 30mins to 5hrs. Supercharging stations will be limited by the capacity of the existing power grid
    Thirdly, as battery technology improves so will mileage per charge and the size of the battery will be reduced which may open up the opportunity for "battery change outs" on the go.

Also I do not think we will see mass adoption of autonomous cars in our life time. While I don't dispute humanity will be able to achieve it from a technological stand point as someone else correctly pointed out, I do not think they will be able to legislate it and there are too many parties with vested interests and deep pockets

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.