XSO 0.13% 3,138.7 s&p/asx small ordinaries

The Brains Trust, page-4371

1. 508 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 175
    Ah well, I am going to have to disagree with you @Pisces, so here goes. I just can't ignore the macro, so here's a few comments on world events over the past couple of days and maybe a stimulus for increasing risk aversion in markets. Reuters report that Iran's revolutionary guard say Sunni Saudi Arabia was behind the attacks in Shi'ite Tehran and quote the Iranians as saying that this 'terrorist attack took place only a week after the meeting between the US President Trump and the Saudis.'  
    In the USA, sacked FBI head James Comey makes the point that the Trump administration is attempting to redefine the definition of 'classified information' in order to withhold information from the American public. Comey's statement is the most damming indictment of a US President since Watergate. Comey's statement brings up the vital question of trust - which lies at the root of the relationship between an elected President and the people. Can the impartiality of Donald J Trump in his embodiment as President of the United States be trusted?
    In the UK, a 'Hard Brexit' is in doubt as Prime Minister May struggles to gain a majority. Will the UK have a minority government? Who will support the Tories? Only Northern Ireland seems a possibility and they are unhappy about the border problems with the rest of Ireland in a post-Brexit world. The £ plummets (again).
    I am one of those was heavily invested through the GFC and I will never forget it. Especially that night in late September 2008 when the DOW plunged something like 8% (or nearly 800 points), I felt physically ill and I know that my appetite for risk fled that night and has never returned. Not saying it's going to happen again, but the difference is that now I know that crashes can happen whereas before 2008 I didn't think they could.
    Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.