XSO 0.81% 3,021.9 s&p/asx small ordinaries

The Brains Trust, page-44

1. 3,654 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Happy new Year to all.

Paddington, a self confessed simple chart'art'ist........ your market analysis is pure gold

Short and sweet start from me as will be on holiday with the kids in QLD until 30th Jan.

Rebalance the majority of my MT-LT Mostly speccy portfolio leading into the end of last year and ended up holding the following (for better or worse), with more substantial positions going into 2017. Fund allocation now 80% in these positions.
    I also look to trade these positions where and when I can from my other trading account when it looks like the major up pivots are confirming continuation off the major support levels. This to potentially maximise profits or re-balance any errors with MT or LT profit taking..... in the most forgiving way to self. *self preservation face*

looked at lots of TA and FA combined as well as taking on board some other posters XSO forum tips from late 2016 to come up with this group of tickers including a couple that personally I have held for 12ths or longer already and the majority I have now averaged into over the last qtr of 2016.
    Note common themes appear in the none mining tickers if you care to dig deeper while doing any research of where these companies are at in their individual business cycles.
    Vast Majority of the following all have individual inherent risks associated so I have allocated position sizes accordingly........ I can and will sleep easily.
    None are safe from culling if they fail to live up to expectations at any point in time.

Not saying this common theme will be for sure 100% the place to be for 2017 and beyond but happy to roll the dice on these tickers at this point as the TA cycles seem to me to align at various point in 2017.
    Also plenty more companies on the ASX at the same stage in their cycles if you are looking for alternatives.

in no particular order:
    HRL, PTX, CDY, CNW, JCS, MSP, KKL, AGE, SWJ, SPQ, MLM

I'am not really considering as yet what the hot commodities and individual stocks / sectors / trends will be for 2017 nor looked at any recent forward looking charts like I usually do at this time of the year, decided instead to deal with that on return to the screens in FEB .......so I look forward to that and will see you then.

Luk to all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.