XSO 0.10% 3,001.6 s&p/asx small ordinaries

I picked up IBG today, I think with zinc breaking 10 year highs...

1. 2,689 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    I picked up IBG today, I think with zinc breaking 10 year highs this is the most compelling ASX listed zinc play. having said that, it would probably require the zinc price to maintain its rally and prove once and for all that these new zinc prices are here to stay.

based on very brief research, I have found the following on IBG
    - one of the largest zinc deposits in the world, 70mt @ 5.7% Zinc and Lead . The wholly owned Citronen base metal project currently hosts in excess of 13.1 Billion pounds of zinc (Zn) and lead (Pb)
    - market cap is circa $50m
    - Glencore a major shareholder holding 9%
    - has an unused $50m USD funding facility with Glencore
    - 2013 feasibility had an NPV of $1bn USD based on $1.50/lb zinc prices
    -all in production cost according to the feasibility study is 0.71c /lb (current zinc price at $1.42/lb as I write)
    -Lead prices are also breaching 5 year highs in the past couple of days (hitting $1.13/lb), making it favourable to have a zinc/lead resources
    - mining license issued and  MOU agreement in place with a major Chinese engineering firm NCF (50,000 employees).. NCF intends to assist IBG to secure project financing debt within China. (this is significant as the papers are claiming that china is driving this latest rally)
    -I think Glencore/NCF have equity options in this project at some price or point, but I am not sure so this is not confirmed.

Ironbark Zinc is pushing financing and development of the Citronen lead-zinc mine, and aims to make it one of the largest zinc mining companies in the world.

There is very good information in the announcements, dated all the way back to 2013 when the feasibility study was first released.
    Last edited by m3ntor: 17/08/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.