XSO 0.86% 3,001.9 s&p/asx small ordinaries

The Brains Trust, page-66

1. 16,819 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 356
    Anton I was scrawling through this wonderful thread this morning and couldn't let your post pass without comment .

Surely you are the finest poster on Hot Copper with your prescient insights into stocks that most people have never heard of and the intelligent and unemotional way in which you deal with them.

I see there was no further comment on the outstanding Buffet vids you put up where the greatest investor of all time succinctly tells anyone who bothers to listen how you can get rich out of stocks . Yet nearly everyone I know and certainly most of the people who frequent Hot Copper do the opposite of what he says . They diversify ,take lots of small positions in lots of stocks and drive themselves silly trying to find a hot sector and chase all the nameless codes with the rest of the crowd . I guess that explains why Buffet is so rich and amateur market players make some money when the markets are good and sit on their hands when they're not. The bit where he explains how he had the inside running on the computer boom and completely missed it is just so insightful . He laughs it off ,no problem for Buffet , what he does worked through all market conditions. Funny thing , his principles provide the x factor in small stocks, where people have the capacity to get well ahead of the mob if they're good enough and well researched enough to find the right stocks

But I digress . Sadly I'm not up to the standard of insight you have on your many ideas as my brain has deteriorated to the point where I'm only interested in half a dozen or so stocks at this end of the market and couldn't care less about any of the others. Hot Sectors ? How would I know , but it has to be zinc because I've loaded a couple of zincers ,not because I think zinc could be any good but because the stocks are good . Markets ? No idea there either except to say no one seems to think that we're in a new bull market with a commodity boom where the Dow could head to 40,00 . I think that , just because it makes me feel good and it's as strong a possibility as anything else . This current rally has everyone looking for tops and getting burnt fingers on the way . Oh for it to correct ,but when someone with the charisma and wonderful ideas that Trump has comes along markets can get a little over excited can't they. Trump has the capacity to do many great things for investors as the majority who hate him grit their teeth into a new bull era . They've got it wrong about him all along , they'll be screaming and howling at every single thing he does, but just maybe he's in the right place at the right time .

Stocks ? The only two I can remember having at the minute are RDM and ARS because I love them both . RDM was able to be bought under 10 when it's a 50c stock so that was a back up noah's ark job. ARS I just love to bits. It's not a stock for anyone here because they're too hard to buy and if they fall over they'll look like they're going back to zero ,well they won't because I'll treble down , but one day they'll deliver big time . Most people look at a stock like that and just don't have the patience.

On a more important note the best of health to all those who frequent the XSO thread in 2017 because no health = no wealth , and thank you again Anton for sharing your ideas

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.