XSO 2.27% 3,032.2 s&p/asx small ordinaries

The Brains Trust, page-69

1. 8,582 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 406
    Thought I'd ramble on about some Cobalt stocks, as some have suggested cobalt may be worth looking at this year. Certainly was a spike in some cobalt stocks last year....so the interest is there. It's a bit of a mish-mash of stocks as cobalt is often associated with nickel and copper stocks. Stocks such as Highland Pacific (asx:HIG) are not included as Cobalt as compared to their nickel/copper/gold is not significant. However, if cobalt does boom, their cobalt story could change, as it's amazing how much cobalt could come to light if conditions are right.

so, here are a few.....

ANW.......cobalt and tin

AUZ........cobalt, scandium and nickel. Cobalt resource at Flemington with a resource calculation in progress.Also JV with MLM at Sconi

Ardea Resources..IPO, spin off from Heron Resources. nickel, gold with a seperate Cobalt target at Blackrange.

BAR.......Barra resources

BPL.......37% holding in Cobalt Blue (asx:COB) =2% royalty from the Thackarigna cobalt project

CNJ.........low on cash

CZN............Mt Gilmore cobalt/lynne Lake nickel, copper, cobalt

COB......to be listed

HAV.......mainly gold and copper, but promotes Cobalt as a 'wildcard' in latest presso

JRV...new tenements applied for Ni, CU and Cobalt. also has royalties over AUZ's ground

MLM.......Sconi project JV and farm-in with AUZ

MTH.......another wildcard with drilling underway at Lignum Dam (Ni,Cu)

NIO.......nickel and cobalt at Canegrass project. (well worn explored ground is my view....not Canegrass again, LOL!)

TGS......Metalurgical Test work for Cobalt due Q1

anyway, I won't be investing in these, but only trading them, if the market gives me the signal. Nice to know the fundalmentals though as it gives me an edge in trading.

Good luck all!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.