XSO 1.85% 2,925.7 s&p/asx small ordinaries

Well GJ just so you know my view on HRL has always been a 2-3...

1. 16,819 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 356
    Well GJ just so you know my view on HRL has always been a 2-3 year call which obviously doesn't suit most people , so when I've got things going through the roof and people are asking me about HRL because it's one that hasn't gone up I just couldn't be bothered going through the whole blah blah again. Not your problem , you've always been a courteous and respectful poster.

I have a few stocks like that and it's taught me not to bother mentioning them because the vast majority of people get too nervous holding them . But in the end stocks like that make you rich if you've the cohunas to back your judgement . Nonetheless it's still a spec until it isn't and if your position size is of a concern to you reduce it.

I don't make any apology for how I invest and I'm quite open about it but the market has taught me no one should try to be like anyone else . Just be yourself . But perhaps if you take a little learning from what other people are doing and are able to tweak your own strategies to your advantage with some small modifications so you can make a bit more money and still sleep at night then that's a good thing.

Btw I've said several times that I don't use stops which I don't because I have absolute conviction in the stocks that I invest in ,but for 95% of people who are trading and can't stomach reasonable losses they should use a stop for at least a proportion of their investment because it's easy to talk the talk etc etc. Any stock I'm invested in where I lost the whole value of the investment wouldn't really turn a hair on my head but there was a time when it did and I know what that feels like so if you don't want to feel like that don't risk it . But certainly be aware that fortune favors the brave and if you're super confident in your research perhaps you can afford to risk a little more on occasions.

The key to all successful investing is buying a good or promising stock cheap ,as cheap as you can get them . If you keep doing that everything else takes care of itself . It's always in the buying and that's what I focus on.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.