AGY 0.00% 3.4¢ argosy minerals limited

The Annual Report states on page 17 'pursuant to the terms of...

1. 114 Posts.
    The Annual Report states on page 17 'pursuant to the terms of the Mining Convention, Andover was required to post a performance bond of US$100,000'.

This is followed by 'the term of the performance bond provided by the Corporation expired during 2002.
    A new performance bond will be required should the Corporation re-commence activity in Burundi'.

What do they mean by a 'performance bond' ?
    Is it similar to 'bonds' as we know in property or is it a payment that is kept by govt ?
    Could it be that the govt now want $200K, $500K or $1M for this bond ?
    This is just 1 of the conditions that I'm sure is being discussed, along with other terms from the existing Convention in order to 'bring this project forward' as stated by management.

The annual report goes on to state that 'as at December 31 2006, the Corporation had not reached agreement with the Ministry of Mines regarding the continuation of the term of the Mining Convention'.
    So, considering the last force majeure was lifted back in May 2005, and since we're now in May 2007, does that mean the term of the Convention was for
    2 yrs and thereafter if 'Andover' wish to pursue with it then any extensions must be approved by the Burundi govt ?

Also, remember from this project there are certain expenditures incurred by the Burundi govt which need to be reimbursed (I think it totalled somewhere close to US$8M but don't quote me on that), so perhaps this is just another issue being talked about.

Add to the fact that the company are having discussions with major resource companies and private investors, the next 2-3 weeks (if not sooner) will be interesting for all holders hopefully with good news.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $49.50M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 850000 3.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.3¢ 13862 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.47am 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.