SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Thanks for your kind words monkey. I can easily cope if I did...

1. 4,679 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    Thanks for your kind words monkey. I can easily cope if I did lose the lot, it is only a small portion of my portfolio, needless to say I do not expect to lose. That is all irrelevant though, I don't invest in share prices, I invest in companies, a big difference.

My insight into the company and its UK market give me great confidence to post in the manner I do. The UK legal market (consumer) is ripe for a shift in power. For years traditional practices held sway but dynamics are changing, scale and capital are becoming more important to run efficient operations in a margin squeezed world.

Roughly translated this means, law like every business eventually has to become competitive. What does this mean for Slater & Gordon? No matter what challenges one thinks SG face, its competitors face the same and arguably more challenging decisions. The differentiating factor is scale, diversity, and ability to tweak operations in line with changing environment. Many of its competitors are not agile to that degree.

Nothing is guaranteed of course. Slater do face a monumental challenge to get over its debt mountain. If it does, then plain sailing and we all benefit. If it can't satisfy the trust of its lenders then who knows? Well actually Dr Who does!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.