EVN 1.07% $4.64 evolution mining limited

As the AUD keeps falling relative to USD, and even if the AUD...

1. 11,125 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 632
    As the AUD keeps falling relative to USD, and even if the AUD POG stays the same, the value of EVN to American shareholders declines, so they sell down their holding. This is one pressure point on Oz based goldies, including EVN.

If fundies face redemptions from their investors then they have to sell goldies anyway (no matter where they are based) and that puts pressure on our goldies.

The USD POG is still under downward pressure, and until that ends our goldies will keep losing value.

Plus we are getting into the US tax loss selling period. Many US investors will have bought our shares at higher prices and may decide to book losses to offset gains elsewhere.

It has been pretty brutal for goldies for almost 2 months, and I can not see an end to it, unless there are some black swans positive for the gold price (eg bank failures in Europe, especially Italy).

I and a lot of others are expecting a bounce soonish in the gold price, which is one reason why goldies have not fallen a lot more with the drop in the gold price.

Companies holding substantial debt do not look good when commodity prices drop, and the debt will become an increasing consideration the further the gold price drops.

EVN will survive, that is about all I can say in relation to this company. Nobody knows where and when it will finally bottom.

loki

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EVN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.