the carbon tax, page-32

1. 58,089 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    People can always be relied upon to vote against a new tax if it directly affects them. They accepted the GST but only because it was a trade off so that overall most felt they would come out about even.
    This CO2 tax is also a trade off but this aspect has been poorly sold. Most people WILL come out about even as the govenement does what governments do ie take with one hand and give it back with the other. But due to poor marketing people are not seeing it that way although IMO this will change after it commences and most people are no worse off.

The impact of the CO2 tax on you is entirely relative to how much CO2 you produce. In my own case we have solar power and hot water so increases in electricity prices will not bother me as my last quarterly power bill was $45. If that increases by 10% thats $4.50 a quarter wow the sky's falling not!!! Any government compensation we get will see us actually break even or better off after the tax starts even if some prices increase by 2% as is forecast.

So if you are one of the people who find themselves seriously out of pocket after this tax starts it's down to your own lifestyle and lack of planning for a lower energy consumption furure which is coming anyway with or without a carbon tax.

Dave R.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.