Hi Free WillI agree that most businesses look to raise prices or...

1. 25,563 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    Hi Free Will

I agree that most businesses look to raise prices or find new clients when they are getting hurt, when often they need to be more efficient because there is a lot of waste.

I was required at one time of my career to go into various businesses to operate them for a short time so was unable to make major changes but most of them were like the "frog in hot water syndrome" they had allowed things to happen without noticing the cost results so I was able to make minor changes which often had significant benefits.

I despair of the quality of management in Australia because so many of them are "deck chair experts" with minimal grounding in the business or the skills that are required to operate effectively.

I have come to dislike “deck chair experts” because I have seen the havoc they can cause with changes and recommendation that can wreck a business due to their inability of reading the nature of the workers, the clients and type of business they are interfering in.

It is a little like an accountant going into a operating theater and telling the doctor which of two operations that he can do on a cost effective procedure rather than the one needed to save the patients life.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.