KGN 1.30% $4.67 kogan.com ltd

The case for a $10 share price, page-3

1. 186 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    Thanks for the detailed post. Interesting comment you make above about a superstore front. Alan Kohler and James Kirby last week discussed KGN on their Money Café program. It turns out that Kohler had interviewed Ruslan the very same day for the related (but paywall protected) site The Constant Investor, and used the Money Cafe format to flag the interview and nudge listeners toward the paywall site. It was a pretty superficial recap, nothing much that posters on this thread wouldn’t already know, but then Kohler explained how during the interview he’d asked Ruslan whether KGN might acquire Myer, pointing out that the market cap of the former has now surpassed that of the latter. Ruslan apparently laughed it off, but also added ‘never say never’. It does seem a bit far-fetched, and not sure myself if this is really a route they should take. But if the MYR share price slides some more, who knows? It may be a chance to get some bricks & mortar and/or the Myer brand on the cheap.

Here is the transcript from the Money Café chat between Kohler and Kirby. (If anyone has a transcript of the interview itself, would love to see it.)

KOHLER: So, when I interviewed Ruslan today for The Constant Investor one of my questions was when are you going to buy Myer because…
    KIRBY: And he said when Solomon Lew gets out of the way. He bought Dick Smith, right, he bought Dick Smith brand not the stores, clever.
    KOHLER: The brands. But, the point is that Amazon bought Whole Foods Markets so it owns a chain of physical stores even though it’s an online retailer and I’m wondering whether Kogan will do that.
    KIRBY: Did you ask him – what did he say first of all?
    KOHLER: He said well one thing I’ve learnt in this business, Alan, is to never say never.
    KIRBY: Alright, okay, that’s exactly what I was going to ask you next, did he rule it out, so he didn’t rule it out.
    KOHLER: Well, he kind of laughed.
    KIRBY: You could see him picking up the brand name just like he picked up Dick Smith.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KGN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.