LMG 2.33% 4.2¢ latrobe magnesium limited

The case for Latrobe Magnesium 2022, page-116

1. 4,188 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1113
    I wonder how 'Intellectual Property' is protected between multiple projects that are supported or even underpinned by CSIRO research. There are many blury lines within technology transfer regarding who developed, invented, owns or introduced various technologies, methodologies or processes.
    I regularly research within the Magnesium sector but missed this article. The reference to "CSIRO-patented technology for low emissions production of magnesium metal" was very intriguing.
    Even though the coalition did not return to Government, the point I raise is in regard to the security of the Intellectual property developed by LMG with the support of CSIRO. At what point is a line crossed and who is monitoring?
    $25M Stanwell magnesium plant promise
    13/05/2022
    The LNP has committed $25 million to the first module of a magnesium plant in Stanwell if the Coalition is re-elected. Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce joined Flynn candidate Colin Boyce on Friday to announce the funding would go to Magnium Australia to build and commission the first module.
    Mr Boyce said it would be capable of producing 3000 tonnes a year of pure magnesium metal and be scaled modularly to produce at least 120,000 tonnes each year, using CSIRO-patented technology for low emissions production of magnesium metal.
    They also announced $40 million to go to Nufarm to build a new inline blending plant in Gladstone.
    Mr Boyce said the projects would create direct and indirect jobs during construction and operation, and provide key support for other domestic manufacturing sectors.
    He said the projects, which are part of the Coalition Government’s Energy Security and Regional Development Plan, would create and sustain jobs for locals.
    “Both these projects will see local people making the products Australia needs to keep our country running and our exports growing,“ Mr Boyce said.
    Mr Joyce said more 30 per cent of Australia’s manufacturing jobs were in regional areas, and that the manufacturing industry was particularly important to regional economies.
    Mmmmmmmm
    We really need some mega improvement in project promotion to Government. Time to write a letter or two.
    Again, I reiterate, I am NOT downramping, knowledge is powerful in increasing understanding.
    Regards
    Ken

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.2¢
Change
-0.001(2.33%)
Mkt cap ! $97.58M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.4¢ 4.4¢ 4.2¢ $33.93K 798.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 1083464 4.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.3¢ 402315 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.