MSB 1.73% $1.18 mesoblast limited

The case for Mesoblast's MSCs for ARDS

1. 522 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3624
    The last PR by Mesoblast on 3/09 (USA) references Leng Z. et.al and says the following:
    ".....recently published results from an investigator-initiated clinical study conducted in
    China which reported that allogeneic MSCs cured or significantly improved functional outcomes in all seven treated
    patients with severe COVID-19 pneumonia"

Here is an abstract of that reference I was able to dig up (Leng Z.et.al)
    http://www.aginganddisease.org/EN/10.14336/AD.2020.0228

Here are the slam-dunk, most exciting aspects from that study (note my emphasis in red color font)
    1. "
    The clinical outcomes, as well as changes of inflammatory and immune function levels and adverse effects of 7 enrolled patients were assessed for 14 days after MSC injection. MSCs could cure or significantly improve the functional outcomes of seven patients without observed adverse effects.The pulmonary function and symptoms of these seven patients were significantly improved in 2 days after MSC transplantation."

Just 2 days!! And for all 7 patients!!
    This is not only huge in terms of a 100% success rate but also immensely huge in terms of the
    very short duration of 2 days. (Heck, when I have the common flu, it takes at least a week for me to see any improvement). So why is the short period so important? Well, all of us have heard how hospitals are over capacity with patients on top of shortage of doctors, respirators, gloves, masks (and the almighty toilet paper - LOL). Treating patients and discharging them quickly (or at least moving them out of an ICU to a general bed) is very critical during this pandemic so doctors can attend to more patients in need.

2. There were no observed side effects. We all know the safety profile of MSCs, so no surprise to us but this is still awesome to know, coming from a third party investigator-initiated clinical study

3. So this was an "investigator-initiated clinical study", meaning Leng Z. et al designed and initiated the study themselves (an endorsement of MSCs in itself) - tells me that Mesoblast was most likely behind this study in
    supplying the MSCs. Just my guess but it is an educated guess. Why? See #4 below

4. It could not have been Athersys behind this study since Athersys' ARDS treatment involves Multipotent Adult Progenitor Cells (MAPCs), NOT MSCs.

5. The study started on Jan 23, 2020 and finished on Feb 16, 2020 (the clinical outcome was assessd for 14 days after injection of MSCs). So this has to have been designed a while back, much earlier than January 2020, most likely very shortly after the COVID-19 epidemic started in China (December 10, 2019 to be exact). Tells me that the Chinese researches sought MSCs
    right away, not wasting any time.

6. So if Mesoblast's treatment (MSCs) were truly behind this study, why hasn't Mesoblast said so? What is preventing Silviu Itescu from disclosing this information?
    Why did Mesoblast wait more than 3 weeks to issue a PR (unless they waited for the study results to be published?)
    Why can't Mesoblast partner with Tasly in China for ARDS?

Hope to hear from you all...........

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.18
Change
0.020(1.73%)
Mkt cap ! $1.341B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.20 $1.21 $1.17 $16.67M 14.04M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 54704 $1.18

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.18 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.19
  Change
0.020 ( 3.40 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.21 $1.21 $1.17 2927691
Last updated 15.59pm 07/05/2024 ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.