IMU 1.89% 5.2¢ imugene limited

The CF33, Vaxinia and Oncarlytics Deal, page-109

1. 491 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20302

Thank you for supporting this thread. Apologies if I missed tagging worthwhile contributors on the first outing, it is a tedious task given how many of you are contributing valuable posts and interested in the outcome of these valuable drugs.

Just a quick note on the ongoing CHECK VACC trial into TNBC patients in the US. The trial began on October 20, 2021, with the first patient in Cohort 2 dosed on April 13, 2022 followed by the first patient in Cohort 3 on August 10, 2022. Presentations at ASCO in early 2022, The SABC symposium in mid 2022 and then the ASCO symposium in late 2022 have all highlighted positive results for the ongoing trial. As the trial progresses through each cohort a dose escalation applies with a view to ascertaining the optimal or recommended dosage rate from which 12 patients are forecast to be dosed to conclude the Phase 1 trial. The trial aims to treat between 33 patients (minimum) to 78 patients (maximum) who suffer from this deadly disease. Patients until now have had no success on previous treatment arms. To be eligible for enrolment patients must have progressed or been intolerant of at least 2 prior lines of systemic chemotherapy for advanced/metastatic disease. In short they are incredibly sick and suffering from late stage triple negative breast cancer, for which there is currently no cure. As stated earlier this is a huge unmet need. And yet in spite of this and although they have been administered only minuscule doses of CHECK VACC thus far, the results have been positive (see herein representations made by Imugene at the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium - December 6-10, 2022).

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5159/5159666-65557a6dc21bdada03d0885c350dc05e.jpg

In late 2021 when Imugene was upgraded to ASX 200 status I wrote of another stock’s inclusion, Liontown Resources (LTR), which I noted showed great promise at the time. Yesterday having risen 68% LTR was again in the forefront of my mind, not due to its rise, but due to the fact it like IMU, is frequently shorted by traders on the ASX. A quick perusal ofshortman.com.au notes that on March 22 this year, i.e., last week, 9.3% of the stocks held on the LTR register were shorted. I thought to myself “man, that’s a lot of investors who burnt their money betting against a much needed commodity, that being lithium. I wouldn’t want to be caught short betting against a cure for cancer”. But investors do short IMU, just as they did LTR. Perhaps the upcoming results in the City of Hope CHECK VACC breast cancer trial may prove the catalyst for traders to jump in, or indeed an inflection point in Imugene’s trading cycle. What we do know is that in August 2022 patients in Cohort 3 of the trial were dosed at a higher dose rate than the six patients before them. Thereafter world renowned surgeon, cancer researcher and CHECK VACC inventor Professor Yuman Fong assured investors at an IMU Roadshow here in Sydney the results looked good. So based upon historical timing, any day now the next CHECK VACC announcement is due. Whilst I am not anticipating the overwhelming barrage of incoming funds that is sure to hit IMU when the company’s Vaxinia results are ultimately published, this announcement promises to be another massive step forward in the development of the company’s oncolytic virus platform. It's another step on the road to securing a deal for CF33, Vaxinia and Oncarlytics.

Turning tumours from cold to hot, replicating itself, repeating the outstanding results the drug exhibited pre - clinically, it’s all the stuff dreams are made of, for cancer patients worldwide.

If and when we receive news that CHECK VACC is progressing through yet another cohort with continued positive results, well that’s a good enough reason for me to continue topping up. I certainly won’t be shorting, for as Warren Buffet so eloquently noted “It’s not until the tide goes out, you see who’s been swimming naked”. Congratulations to all long term holders of LTR by the way, and NEU, it’s so good to hear of people reaping the rewards of holding long term. Let’s hope IMU’s pay day is just around the corner for those with the patience and tenacity to go the distance.

Best of luck to ALTH’s and to everyone suffering from cancer on these threads and beyond. As IMU holders our hearts, prayers, thoughts and wishes go out to you.

DYOR - Seek investment advice as and when required - Opinions only

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.2¢
Change
-0.001(1.89%)
Mkt cap ! $382.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.3¢ 5.4¢ 5.2¢ $216.1K 4.106M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
31 1854997 5.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.3¢ 382882 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.