AUL 0.00% 28.5¢ austar gold limited

Bell1 is correct on the issue of the environmental concerns and...

1. 3,267 Posts.
    Bell1 is correct on the issue of the environmental concerns and local community sentiment towards the environment.
    But the concerns are regularly overcome through professional environmental impact studies and development assessment conditioning and reports.
    I was involved in a small way in conditioning the approvals for the breakwater and development at Magnetic Island that fishfinder mentioned and have been involved in the development of policy, assessment and review of many development applications for large scale infrastructure along the length of the Queensland coast during my time working within government bodies and boards. I sat on a number of advisory boards and panels and without going into all the detail, have had many a debate with Port Corporations, the EPA, Local Government and community groups.
    Bell is correct in cautioning us about the impact of local sentiment towards infrastructure that could have an impact on their local community or the environment. These concerns are valid and must be taken into consideration and managed as part of any application for any infrastructure development.
    One of the things the company should consider is to seek "major project status". This involves the Minister directly and an early indication of options can save the company a lot of time and money.

Fishfinder has done some good work and I will be forwarding this thread to head office for their information, who knows, there may be some infrastructure options that Ian hasn't thought of for transporting and shipping the coal.

Spector, Yes I have listed transport issues in the email questions to Ian.

I have not received a "read receipt" as yet, he may be busy in the field or (hopefully), in Brisbane having discussions with the government about access and infrastructure, wouldn't that be nice for MNM shareholders :).

Guys, this thread has been one of the best discussions I have read on HC. No one bagging anyone for a contrary opinion. How good is that ! Raised the bar for some other threads I might suggest, good on everyone. This is good debate.
    cheers Fatstocks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.