VEA 2.08% $2.94 viva energy group limited

Hi again Adam. Some interesting posts today. I imagine you came...

1. 537 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 88
    Hi again Adam. Some interesting posts today. I imagine you came across information around the evolution of the Viva Energy business.

So far I have put together a lineage for Viva that looks something like this:
    1. Shell downstream assets purchased for 2.9Bn Aud
    2. Spend around 1Bn Aud improving the business (quoted on Vitol website, but that was going to be over a 5yr period from the purchase in 2014)
    3. Purchased Shell Aviation for 250Mn Usd - could be counted in the 1Bn Aud improvement?

Total spend of around 4.3Bn Aud max

From that Vitol created the Viva Reit in a 1.6Bn IPO and Viva Energy in a 4.8Bn IPO, yielding a 6.1Bn total sale. Just checking if I have missed any other acquisitions that have gone into creating the two listed entities.

Since this was floated by a private company I will probably be giving it the 3 year rule* before considering an investment. But obviously as you pointed out the valuation seems attractive - do you think Vitol were unable to extract full value out of this listing?

*This was actually what stopped me from buying LNK in the end despite the promising outlook.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VEA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.94
Change
0.060(2.08%)
Mkt cap ! $4.680B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.88 $2.94 $2.88 $5.391M 1.845M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
55 92163 $2.93

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.94 44034 36
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.42pm 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VEA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.