CVI 0.00% 0.3¢ cvi energy corporation limited

The Chinese are comingIf anyone knows someone from China they...

1. =V=
    2,387 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 48

The Chinese are coming

If anyone knows someone from China they would know that they have only two things on their mind. One is a BMW and the other is a Mercedes Benz. They just have to figure out which one fits their image - image is everything. This year China will host the Olympic Games and the one thing that will be on their minds the most, is image.

The streets of Beijing will be spotless, the guides will speak fluent English, the smog will have vanished into thin air and the Games will run like clockwork - and they will win a truckload of medals. With America slowly but surely fading as the dominant world economic force, this may well be the year where historians of the future will look back and say that 2008 was the beginning of the Chinese ascendancy.

The Chinese are as well, extremely hard workers. Anyone who's been to Yum Cha knows that they can set up a table in the blink of an eye. Work is part of their culture; it's factored in like DNA. So when you combine a strong work ethic with a desire to get a set of those car keys you better not be standing in their way.

Another part of Chinese culture is luck - ever noticed the names on some of those Chinese takeaways. And number 8 is the luckiest number of all. In fact it is considered so lucky that the Olympic Games will begin officially at 8 seconds past 8 minutes past 8pm on the 8th day of the 8th month of the 8th year of the new millennium. And I would suggest there will thousands of 8 year olds on the main stage. It will be a very proud moment for a country wanting to show the world at its best.

So when you add it all up there will be no slowing down in China this year and what is good for China is good for the world and holders of Cityview stock I might add. Those cars that the factories of Asia are pumping out by the thousands each week don't run on fresh air - despite the advances in other technologies, oil will be the number one ingredient to get it from A to B for years to come and although it's currently selling for US$87 a barrel at the moment this is just a temporary lull and if represented graphically is just a point on a curve pointing endlessly towards the heavens.

The important decision for any investor to make is what is the best commodity to get into. What commodity more than any other will the world be crying out for in the very near future. What commodity will drive the tractors that plough the fields, move the ships that carry the iron ore, and be one of the most essential ingredients for just about any product you can image - and I might add, get us from A to B. It's oil, oil, oil - and there ain't no substitute.

Now if I look at Cityview today and I compare it to the Cityview of two months ago I don't see any resemblance. The Cityview of two months ago was just a mere shadow of the Cityview of today. Two months ago, Fortitude Minerals holding nine mining licences was just a twinkle in Marks eye. More than $15M in capital raisings had not taken place and the now approved line of credit for US$100M was a complete unknown. The agreement for an acquisition of a 40% stake in the Matanda oil field had not occurred, the granting of the Kwanza Basin oil permit was still months away and Robbie Brothers an oil expert, had not been appointed as a director.

For whichever way you look at it, the current share price at the moment has got be an absolute steal. I wonder how many people picking up these cheap shares today will be able to look back in a couple of years and say that 2008 was my lucky year.

Good luck!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.