I'm just wondering - could this possibly be just a marketing...

1. 184 Posts.
    I'm just wondering - could this possibly be just a marketing attempt by the agent because interest hasn't been as high as expected and the sales/marketing program is about to commence?

According to Ikon's own website, the sales office opens Wednesday and is open to public 30 April.

http://www.ikonapartments.com.au/index.php

So, if the article from the social pages of The Age posted at the top of this forum is to be believed, the apartments were offered to Chinese investors prior to being offered to the public? And they sold approx 100 of them. How many apartments are planned for the development? I couldn't find this information out without calling them and I don't particularly want my details in a real estate agents database.

I'm sure the guy and his family are nice people - there are very few people who aren't - but he is a real estate agent, and his job is to create a picture of the market for the idiot customers he's put on earth so he can separate them from their money. Tacking on some real estate info that can't be verified about his latest development into a social story about the next polo outing seems like taking an opportunity for free publicity to me.

tcisboss - not everyone is 'wishing for prices to drop'. Plenty of people expect them to drop and are trying to figure out the best way to profit from that situation. I thought that's what Hot Copper and similar forums are for - to gather information, take a position and put your chips on the table?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.