LYC 0.64% $7.72 lynas rare earths limited

The article you post is good but has nothing to do with Jack...

1. 7,665 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 509
    The article you post is good but has nothing to do with Jack Lifton. Is this the right link? He is an expert but he has been wrong allot go back and look at his support for ucore. Great percentage of HREE but very low concentrations in very hard rock.
    If China's REE industry was independent companies like in AU and US I would totally agree with you. They are not. they are are in a country that has large cash surpluses, primarily USD but also of every country they deal with. They are in a country that sees REE as a political tool ( not just REE but everything they have) With the cash reserves they have, they do not have to operate in ways that we would considered normal. When I lived and worked in Japan it caused me much confusion when someone that worked hard to protect me and might even injure themselves to do it would do a sudden about face and hurt me badly in a business deal and not feel bad at all. Even though many people told me this could happen and why, when it did it was upsetting. The quick explanation was when he was with me he felt responsible at a personal level. The company was much higher on his list of loyalties so there was no problem treating me badly if it helped company, this did not change his expectations of our relation at all. (It messed me up, I had to work hard to get over it quickly) The REE companies will do what ever the government wants to accomplish the governments long term goals, in return the government will draw on their cash reserves to protect them. I am not saying I know what they are going to do, I do not. The only thing I know is applying western logic to a system that does not have its roots in Judao Christian values causes misunderstanding and bad conclusions.

I think prices will rise. Once they start they are likely to rise quickly from this level. To apply our Logic to any foreign culture and say something will absolutely happen is bound to get us in trouble. Under standing the Chinese who control this market may behave in a way that we do not understand has to be accounted for in our investment strategy.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.72
Change
-0.050(0.64%)
Mkt cap ! $7.216B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.75 $7.75 $7.59 $16.17M 2.104M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2200 $7.71

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.75 5834 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.