But Anastasia said she has led Queensland through 63 disasters....

1. 1,678 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    But Anastasia said she has led Queensland through 63 disasters.
    Okay the last disaster hasn't happened yet and is a spurious "disaster" but what about the other 62 she led you through?

"I have given it my all and I have run a marathon," Palaszczuk told media this morning after confirming that Cyclone Jasper is expected to cross the state on Wednesday.

"Cyclone Jasper is the 63rd natural disaster I have led the state through as premier."

14 kmh is fast moving right?
    Or is Jasper a slow moving cyclonic rain depression with potentially damaging winds not as "disaster" which venerable Anastasia has claimed she has beaten!
    880k, off Port Douglas traveling west at 14kmh, it must be so comforting for Queenslanders to know she has this 'disaster' handled in advance.

Tropical Cyclone Watch issued for northern Queensland

10/12/2023

Issued 7pm AEST Sunday 10 December 2023

A Tropical Cyclone Watch has been issued for areas between Cape Melville to Townsville, including Cairns and Cooktown.

As of 4 pm AEST today, Tropical Cyclone Jasper remains a category 2 and is situated 880 km east of Port Douglas and 850 km east of Cairns.

The system is moving in a general westwards direction at 14 kilometres per hour.

Jasper is forecast to maintain intensity during Monday and Tuesday.

Jasper is forecast to intensify to a category 3 cyclone shortly before making landfall on Wednesday, most likely between Cooktown and Cardwell.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.