XJO 0.88% 7,959.3 s&p/asx 200

the chronicles of disco stuesday, page-74

1. 1,989 Posts.
    Vinn & Disco:

Not sure about 30% but.......

Love affair with equities fizzles

and I posted this a week ago:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/business/markets/markets-live-shares-poised-for-early-gains-20120313-1ux6a.html#ixzz1owkO2vRv

9.51am: Interesting note here on investors going directly to Asia rather than looking for exposure to Asian markets through Australian companies.

Australia’s equity market saw cumulative outflows for the past 22 days and in the last week of February as net-selling reached three to four times the daily average of the past year, inflow data from the Bank of New York Mellon shows.

Investors are directly seeking growth-linked investments as the region’s biggest economy reduced growth forecasts for 2012, said Samarjit Shankar, a managing director for the foreign-exchange group in Boston at Bank of New York Mellon.
    “If I were an equity investor I would rather be playing the Asian markets directly than indirectly through a trade linkage, which is what Australia provides,” Shankar said. “Asia has seemed to be particularly resilient to the global growth moderation story.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.