Firstly l would like to confirm that this will be my one and...

1. 332 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 160
    Firstly l would like to confirm that this will be my one and only post on this subject. I am sick and tired of the many fake news stories being spread to try to convince the world that the sky is falling. Over the past couple of years I have seen reports on the Great Barrier Reef stating that it is from 65% to 95% dead. If there were any semblace of truth in this then why have we just been told by the relevent UN agency that the reef is not endangered. Over the last ten years either I or members of my family and friends have dived along almost all sections of the reef without seeing one instance of coral bleaching. I dont deny that coral bleaching exists because it is part of the natural sequence of events in the life of a coalf reef, espcially as they grow upwards close to the surface where they are affected by sunlight, but it is certainly not happening as many would suggest by those who hope you never go there to see for youself.

As far as climate change is concerned, during my 72 years on earth, the climate has always changed from year to year, but always within normal variations. The average year is no hotter, colder, wetter or drier than at any other period during my life. The evidence of this for all to see is on the BOM website. Go there and search SOI history and you will see the graph of the southern osscilation index for over 150 years. This index measures many things including ocean temperature, both surface and subsurface in both the Pacific an Indian oceans, barometric pressures, air temperatures, rainfall, wind strength and cloudiness. The only anomalies the graph shows is back in 1919 When there was a strong La Nina. It is the best evidence we have that, to date, our climate is completely normal and that none of these dire predictions and constant fake reports have any semblance of truth.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.