COE 7.50% 21.5¢ cooper energy limited

the circus is coming to town , page-5

1. 1,454 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 534
    Technical note (I have no stock and propose no opinion on compendency or SP)

The 3D from the maps I have seen appears to be on the coast with the current well being the first well on the cube. The main target is a carbonate that is known to be a good seismic marker (easy to identify and track).

Reasons to be 520m below TD and not to have hit the target.

Avoidable
    1. Horizon has been mis identified on the 3D. With no well tie this is possible but would be embaressing.

Semi-avoidable
    2. The depth conversion uses the wrong conversion velocity (coasts can be tricky). But 500m is a long way off for it to be the wrong velocity so unlikely but may be a contributing factor.

Mother nature being a beach
    3. The Abiod is not present. A thin 5m tight stringer caused the seismic reflection (or the reflection is an artefact - not uncommon but mostly avoidable through processing). If this is the case and recognized then they would have finished the well and not be still drilling.

Most likely - if not #3
    4. The upper horizons were coming in very low (a combined factor of #2 and possibily #1) and they have revised the prognosis with the Abiod still to come.

Regardless a few geos are not very popular and I would not want to be in their shoes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.5¢
Change
0.015(7.50%)
Mkt cap ! $567.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.5¢ 22.0¢ 20.5¢ $951.4K 4.503M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 21919 21.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.5¢ 578771 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
COE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.