The Collapse of the American Empire, page-1554

1. 18,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 185
    ZafiTiana - thanks for your post - I have not been to Cambridge - granddaughter only started last September - she is the one who lost her mother about 1 year ago, but had to suffer through Mum's later desperate struggles to stay alive, became anorexic, wonderful and pretty kid, plays 4 instruments to perfection, has beautiful voice, has done a bit of acting - so I have great hopes . . . . and IF I get to the U.K. one more time, I will definitely check out Cambridge. I do watch a rather elaborate and boring detective program only because it's set in Oxford - and I know one wonderful town in Britain really well - Bath - where mum-in-law has a flat right near the main square, have been to Windsor etc. - so I have got a feel for the 'old' Britain, the Britain of strict class distinctions - but also know a lot of now not-so-young artists - son-in-law is a drummer and they 'did' quite a bit of jazz - my daughter was well known in that world - even had a wonderful write-up in a dedicated jazz magazine. All in the past.

I am going to check out Cambridge via googlemaps - but today I had to check out my vicinity for bushfires - seems we have idiots who light them on purpose. But all good, it's been contained and it is near the airport, so fairly vital infrastructure . . .
    and the heat is something else - I'd rather celebrate Christmas in a European winter . . . .
    But thanks for your kind thoughts and friendship!
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.