With all our extreme weather events and great distances with...

1. 8,058 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 835
    Trouble is, to buy one it would be twice the age, have done twice the miles and be twice the price

With age comes wisdom, experience and quality costs. sneaky.png

It would still likely to be much cheaper than a new EV, be just as reliable (or even more so) and looks terrific. Plus it already shows it has longevity - unlike some 'modern' disposable cars.

But agree, why change when the current vehicle one uses is reliably doing it's duty being fit for service. The paint on my vehicle is fading but thus far reliably gets me from point a to b as or when required. If anything, I'd like an even older car, the type where I could manually wind down a window and with less pushbutton functionalities - helps when a battery suddenly dies - but such a car will have to wait until the existing one retires due to old age engine failure or crumpling - could be tomorrow but hopefully not so soon. smile.png
    With all our extreme weather events and great distances with lots of unsealed roads, a well built car is very useful and necessary - wouldn't be much fun getting stranded with an inferior yet expensive vehicle miles from anywhere.

Even locally, there are pot holes just around the corner and whilst they do get filled by council workers, they do also get bigger and seem to also multiply after every downpour. One would think that as a relatively major road it would be cheaper for council to resurface - but alas one better have a good car and as you say, with decent suspension. It seems many buyers of Chinese made cars are not too happy - don't wish to add my name to the unhappy list. smile.png

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.