MSB 3.06% $1.01 mesoblast limited

The competition to Remestemcel-L in COVID-19, page-99

1. 7,587 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6862
    Hey guys,

Sorry I was not clear enough. I am concerned about MSB being undercut. Athersys's multistem seems in a similar price range. Whilst all the idiots post things like "MSB going to the moon" etc, a decent discussion of costs and pricing is invaluable. Of course Remestemcel-L is cheap compared to ICU costs or any measure of saving a human life, but if its taking two to three infusions at $25K a pop, you can be sure anything that comes close to its results for less cost is going to be considered very quickly by the authorities, insurances companies, etc.

I still see Remestemcel-L as the absolute likely leader in efficacy, but to not consider pricing and cost of rival treatments in your analysis of MSB as an investment is pretty short sighted.

I was concerned about monoclonal antibodies providing a cheaper alternative. I've put on about CytoDyn's Leronlimab for example, which focuses on elevated RANTES and blocking them form binding to CCR5 receptors on immune cells. Its initial results in 54 patients were pretty good. Not as good as MSB's, but it is a once a week subcutaneous injection that a patient can self-inject at home, that appears priced around $25,000 for full treatment.

Sorry to dare cast a shadow on Remestemcel-L (which again I believe is the superior treatment), but if it achieves similar results for a third the price then it needs some consideration in your investment analysis of MSB.

Love the input/debate above, so much better than the mostly useless crap on these threads.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.01
Change
0.030(3.06%)
Mkt cap ! $1.153B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.01 $1.04 99.0¢ $5.111M 5.050M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 211966 $1.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.02 136540 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.