SRL 5.56% 42.5¢ sunrise energy metals limited

The Congo isn't going to produce capacity cobalt anytime soon!, page-4

1. 4,508 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 783
    Hi Neo, as CLQ has no interests in the DRC the conversation is relevant from the point of view of what is going to happen to DRC cobalt production...no one is trying to get you to invest there, and you have made your position clear on it; but the eventual availability of cobalt out of the DRC is what is relevant to a discussion on CLQ because Congolese cobalt supply is the big variable in cobalt prices.

Your avoidance of DRC-vulnerable companies is completely justified, but that is not the issue.

Even so, your logic is somewhat flawed.

It is not at all like going into Walmart and disliking a price. It is more like Walmart ran a big ad saying the price was $499 with a year free interest, you went in and gave them the money, bought it, and then they billed you $599 and said the price was a mistake, and you are not getting the free interest but they are going to charge you.

These companies had contracts with the DRC, and the DRC is unilaterally breaching the contracts.
    This is not at all analogous to your example. As far as new contracts and deals, I agree with you...the DRC cannot be trusted.

As far as waking up one day and finding the investments have lost 50% of their value, that day has come and gone already. I am not trying to talk you or anyone into anything, but there comes a point where assets are so discounted because of politics and fear, that they become good bets. When that point arrives is a personal and subjective matter, and I am not claiming that that moment has arrived. But you can be sure that a lot of valuable assets in the DRC will be sold too cheaply, to someone.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
42.5¢
Change
-0.025(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $38.34M
Open High Low Value Volume
43.0¢ 43.0¢ 42.5¢ $133 312

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2345 42.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
47.0¢ 4477 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SRL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.