"The Nats appeal to the homophobic, anti-women, conservative...

1. 41,469 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    "The Nats appeal to the homophobic, anti-women, conservative base that is New England.". ... I disagree. the Nats are merely caught between to mining industrial workers, particularly in Qld, and the farmers who don't want mining or CSG in their paddocks.

the Nats have a high proportion of women pollies and don't ever try to tell them to get back in the kitchen as the Libs do.

I also seriously doubt they're bothered about non-hetero normative sex/gender. of the many farmers I've known nearly all had true liberal values on the issue, i.e. let people decide for themselves what they are and how they live.... plenty of room in the rural communities for gays and all other sorts.

conservative economically is true. of course. they value the sound management of their farms economics and so want the same for the nation.

could Barbaby be unseated? I don't know, its not be truly tested. New England electorate got angry with Tony Windsor for backing Gillard, so his career ending decision left him out of contention. imo a member of the community with strong affiliations and a proven track record, running as an independent could see Barbaby onto the train back to Qld.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.