It's just that it implies a level of organisation that I'm not...

1. 49 Posts.
    It's just that it implies a level of organisation that I'm not sure is possible... To believe that all Muslims are doing this seems very unrealistic.

I've wondered about many politicians statements regarding Islam in the past and often come up empty handed... perhaps it's that they are terrified of the repercussions if it becomes a real Us and Them situation and there is no in the middle anymore... they seem to be vying for the hearts and minds of Muslims, convincing them that they don't have to choose that option of their faith, without giving up their faith... if that makes sense! I don't think it's particularly helpful because it stifles conversations that need to be had about the roots of the violence and consequently prevents reform... it also increases mistrust of Muslims because most of us can see it's a blatant lie. Nobody buys the 'religion of peace' dogma anymore.

I think that many want to just go on with their everyday lives... the problem lies in the fact that the fundamentalists or extremists have the upper hand when it comes down to who is being a more 'true' Muslim, so it's hard to argue against it... so instead they bury their heads in the sand about their religion maybe?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.