XJO 0.55% 7,629.0 s&p/asx 200

I have said previously and consistently on this forum, socials,...

1. 2,124 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 161
    I have said previously and consistently on this forum, socials, irl, at work, at family dinners. I think this virus is bullshit and I take all stats with a grain of salt, however it clearly demands respect.

Yes, it seems it will kill old people if they get in contact with it and if it was up to me I would shut down the world economy forever just to save one life - in that sense my cynical heart is quite moved by the responses of global govts. They seem to genuinely be acting in a unified humanitarian spirit that I think is unprecedented in human history - economic consequences be damned, and my radical liberal heart applauds that.
    (As I side note I sure wish the world cared as much about HIV and Malaria, it seems funny they are so eager to help out their fellow man once their Nan's safety becomes at risk).

I obsessively studied H1N1 at the time and couldn't believe how blasé the world was about it, now I am pissed off about how hysterical everyone is being about this one.

As far as trading goes, I went hard short a few weeks ago and took some insane profits, then waited for the pullback/bounce which I figured concluded last week only to find myself burned by the continued bullish uptrend giving back much profit. I frankly don't know what's going to happen and feel like sticking to intraday or bowing out entirely until either the market is rational or I understand what is happening.

I am wary of people acting too wise about this, comparing it to GFC or great depression, like they know how everything is going to happen and it will follow a scripted pattern - I don't necessarily agree. Markets punish arrogance always. I'm just taking it one day at a time and trying to gather as much info as possible.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.